Thursday, July 8, 2010

Solange has Nervous Break Down



Vibe magazine interviewed Solange Knowles and talked to her about what we can expect from her new album. Solange say's the album is definitley going to be a dance album.
She also admitted that she allowed herself to give up her sanity in order to find herself as well as create a great album. In the interview with Vibe, Solange also talks about the nervous break down she expierenced while creating.

Here's a little bit of what Solange had to say about her nervous breakdown.
To read more visit
www.Vibe.com and Solange's personal blog at: www.mydamnblog.com

"There was definitely a little bit of a breakdown involved. I literally gave up my sanity for a while to do this record. To the point to where I started doing it in Santa Barbara and I had to relocate to L.A. because I was losing it. We literally were waking up in the morning and just making music all day and all night. We left the house maybe three times! It just started to wear on me in so many different ways. I started having these crazy panic attacks. I can say that I totally sacrificed so much mentally, emotionally and financially to get this record the way I wanted it to be. It’s more than an album to me. It’s a transitional time in my life. This is a dance record, but the lyrics can get pretty dark at times. It brought me closer to my family, my dude and my son. My mom, sister and brother all kept Julez for a week. Everybody canceled work when I was going through it".

No comments:

Post a Comment